Charged With DUI/DWI In Virginia? Defend Yourself With Help From An Experienced Local Attorney.
Whether you were pulled over and arrested for drunk driving in Roanoke, Lynchburg or one of the neighboring communities in North Central Virginia, it’s important to protect yourself with help from a lawyer who knows the local laws and courts. Additionally, you want someone who has the experience to develop a defense strategy that shields you from the potential legal consequences.
Over 30 Years Of Legal Experience At Your Side
At Wiegandt & Doubles, we are a local practice you can turn to when facing a possible DUI/DWI conviction or other criminal charges. We have more than 30 years of experience and a reputation throughout the region as a firm with the skill and resources to handle even the most complex cases. Our lead attorney, Mac Doubles, is a former prosecutor for Roanoke City Commonwealth Attorney’s office and understands both sides of criminal cases.
When building a defense strategy, Mac will review all aspects of your case and look for opportunities to mitigate the consequences, have the charges dropped or reduced, and if necessary, defend your rights and interests at trial.
Depending on the circumstances of your case, Mac may take steps to:
- Determine if Virginia’s implied consent laws apply to your situation (if you were on a highway or other public roadway you consent to alcohol testing if arrested).
- Determine if the authorities had probable cause for pulling you over.
- Determine if you were forced to take a field sobriety test and whether we can call the test results into question. The results may be compromised if you suffer from certain health conditions or if the test was administered improperly.
- Determine if the preliminary breath test (PBT) results were compromised due to a malfunction, failure on the part of the test administrator or other factors caused a false positive reading.
- Determine if evidential test devices were used and produced false or otherwise inconclusive results due to improper administration or other factors.
- Determine if a blood test was administered improperly or if the results were compromised due to the authorities or others who handled the sample.
Whether you or a loved one has been charged with DUI/DWI or other traffic violations, it’s important to respond quickly with legal representation. If your son or daughter has been charged with underage drinking and driving or other charges, his or her future educational and professional opportunities could be on the line.
Instead of trying to manage everything on your own, call us at Wiegandt & Doubles and learn how we can help.
Call Us To Speak With An Attorney
Don’t run the risk of losing your license, your freedom and tarnishing your record. Call us locally at 540-254-0172, or toll free at 877-232-0715 and schedule your case evaluation. From our office in Fincastle, we work with clients charged with DUI/DWI, reckless driving and other criminal matters throughout the region.