Traffic Violations: Speeding Tickets And Reckless Driving Charges Can Have Serious Consequences
If you have been charged with a driving offense in Roanoke County or a neighboring community in Virginia — perhaps for speeding, reckless driving or a DUI/DWI charge — you will need a good attorney to have a chance at getting the charge reduced or dismissed.
At Wiegandt & Doubles, we help protect your rights and your driving record with more than 30 years of legal experience. Instead of simply accepting the charges, we can explain the potential consequences (including legal, professional and personal), and help you take appropriate action to mitigate the potential penalties or even have the charges dismissed.
There’s More At Stake Than You Might Think
Did you know that in Virginia, reckless driving is a Class 1 misdemeanor? More than just paying a fine or adding points to your driver’s license, a reckless driving charge means you could have a criminal record which could result in the suspension of your license, your job if you have a professional license (CDL), land you in jail and compromise other future employment or education opportunities.
As you can see, you shouldn’t take these and other traffic violation charges lightly. Whether you are from outside the state and were stopped while passing through Botetourt County or Roanoke County, or you live in Fincastle or a neighboring community and need representation, we can help you by:
- Sitting down with you and reviewing the circumstances of the stop
- Determining if the authorities acted appropriately or otherwise violated your rights during the stop
- Reviewing the evidence and investigating the circumstances of your case
- Answering questions you have about potential outcomes
- Looking for opportunities to have the charges dropped (more likely if this is your first offense)
- Looking for opportunities to have the speed or other aspects of the charges reduced to mitigate the consequences (for example, reduce the charges from reckless driving to speeding)
- Protecting your driving privileges by avoiding the suspension or revocation of your license
- Pursuing the best possible outcome in your case — which could mean reaching a plea agreement or if it’s in your interests, taking your case to trial
Don’t assume that your citation is just a routine violation. Consider the consequences and learn how attorney Mac Doubles can help you.
Call A Local Lawyer Committed To Helping Drivers In Virginia And From Outside The State
Schedule your consultation with attorney Mac Doubles at our Fincastle law office by calling 540-254-0172 or toll free 877-232-0715. If you prefer to arrange an appointment via email, complete our online contact form and we will be in touch promptly.