Phone: 540-254-0172
Toll Free: 877-232-0715
Phone: 540-254-0172
Toll Free: 877-232-0715
Wiegandt & Doubles, P.C.
Defending Your Rights, Your Reputation And Your Future
PLEASE NOTE: To protect your safety in response to the threats of COVID-19, we are offering our clients the ability to meet with us in person, via telephone or through video conferencing. Please call our office to discuss your options.

Underage Drinking And Drug Violations: A Moment Of Indiscretion Can Result In Serious Consequences

For young people in Virginia, peer pressure, boredom and immaturity often result in run-ins with the law. Although most understand that kids make mistakes, the fact is that juveniles (persons 17 years of age and under) can face serious consequences for their actions and in some cases, even be prosecuted as adults.

Whether your child is in high school or college, it’s important to hire a defense lawyer who can help protect your child’s future.

Parents Can Help Protect Their Kids By Hiring A Skilled Attorney

At Wiegandt & Doubles, we have been helping individuals and families throughout Botetourt County and the surrounding Virginia communities for over 30 years. When it comes to juveniles, college-age young adults and others, we understand both the legal as well as future-life consequences of criminal charges.

For example, a minor in possession of alcohol charge may not seem like that big a deal at first, but when it comes time to apply for colleges, head off to job interviews or other life events, it may be embarrassing or difficult for your child to explain away a stain on his or her record.

By working together, we can review the circumstances of the case and determine if there are alternatives to simply paying the fine or accepting the punishment. Attorney Mac Doubles brings years of experience as both a former prosecutor and private practice defense attorney to bear on these cases. He understands both sides of the issues and can help clients find creative solutions that limit the negative impact of an arrest for:

  • Underage drinking
  • Drug crimes (possession of marijuana or drug paraphernalia, for example)
  • Underage DUI/DWI
  • Shoplifting or theft crimes
  • Accusations of sex crimes
  • Traffic violations such as speeding or reckless driving

In addition to fines, mandatory counseling and community service, young people may face:

  • Suspension from school
  • Being kicked out of dorms or student housing
  • Loss of scholarships
  • Being kicked off of sport teams, or other extracurricular activities and organizations
  • Ineligibility for study abroad opportunities
  • Loss of or ineligibility for financial aid

As you can see, the consequences can pile up quickly. The sooner you act, the sooner your lawyer can help you respond and protect your child’s future opportunities.

We Are Here To Help Defend Your Child’s Rights

Schedule a consultation with us by calling 540-254-0172 or toll free 877-232-0715. You can also reach out to us via email by completing our online contact form. From our office in Fincastle, we work with families throughout the region.